Dreamers Paradise

Monday, April 20, 2015

Where have I gone?? Where will I go?? Do you know what you're getting into when you travel??

I ran into a bit of a problem today as I was filling out a visa entry form for my trip to India.. They asked me to list the countries I have visited in the past 10 years. I got to 10 countries and was told there was no more room.. what am I to do?? Maybe just list Europe as one and other countries outside of it?? List the places I have been in the past 5 years? Maybe list the places that stamped my passport? I mean I am no criminal but still!
This may be a reoccurring problem which got me thinking of other problems I have due to travel....it's quite a list. So to all fellow future travelers let me just give you a warning of what you are getting into.
1. People will always ask, where have you been… which I answer back, how much time you got, enough time for continents and regions or countries?
2. People will always ask, so what was your favorite…. so many great memories, just pick one and stick with it. Like a default setting, or go by their personality, adventurous? Asia or Africa. style? Paris, Milan or London will suffice.
3. You start to feel like a snob by default.. I mean I can't help it that I choose to spend my money on travel instead of a new car… memories last forever, a new car… and you get amazing pictures for every event, and a story for every question.
4. Eventually you learn to shut-up and if travel comes up you ask the other person where they have gone, or want to go.. you will then have to defend their travel experience by saying "Canada is a great country to visit.. no thats not lame its awesome and definitely a good start. Your a head of most of the US for at least leaving the country."
5. Friends will throw you to the lions come any party.. They will let everyone know you have traveled, better get your list and stories ready.

All in all I will pay the price, it is so worth it and I actually do love to share my experiences in hopes of sparking the wonder of travel in someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment