Dreamers Paradise

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Going Home?

Yes I meant to use a question mark. For a few days, 10 to be exact,  I have the wonderful opportunity to return to India where I spent last summer. 

I have such mixed feelings, I am overjoyed to return and see and experience all the things and people I loved. But I also have to experience all the hard things again. 

My friend Ian is returning with me, I am so excited to share it, but nervous too. This is a part of me, you can't understand a place until you've really experienced it. I just want people to understand one another, in our minds the "problems" are an easy fix, we see what's "wrong" and think we know a solution. But you haven't factored in men's hearts and their pride, along with years of tradition.
You can't change anything by judging it, trust me, I've tried. 
We have enough people to condemn and judge one another, we need more souls who will step up and learn to understand and love in spite of their stark difference of opinions. As kid president said "give people a high five for getting out of bed, being a person is hard sometimes".
I want to return with open arms and to return the love they have shown me with open arms. 
The more I think about it, the more I realize I am so blessed to have more then one home, more then one family and in more then one place

"you will never feel completely at home because everywhere you go you leave a piece of you behind."

No comments:

Post a Comment