Dreamers Paradise

Friday, August 22, 2014

Life Lessons & Motto

As one of my roommates pointed out, I live a cultured life. Sometimes it feels like the life of a Fairytales or a Dream. I mean who is Crazy enough (as well as so blessed to have time and opportunity) to leave  their own country, take time and money to go learn and experience various lifestyles and cultures around the world.

One word.. Me. Call me a dreamer, eccentric, unrealistic, childish, spoiled or whatever else you like.  It doesn't change who I am, and how I follow my heart. In life all that I am passionate about comes down to two things 1. Helping others feel their true value. Everyone has something to offer. Every. Single. Person. On. This. Earth! *Yes, that without a doubt certainly means YOU!!!
2. I LOVE loving everyone, and helping others to come to a greater understanding of what the power of open minds and hearts can yield.
I once read a quote via Pinterest or Instagram (follow me @shleyw)

'nough said.

In school, I always struggled knowing what to study, and gain a degree in. I enjoyed so many things, but not one thing did I love enough to stick with it for 4 years, much less a lifetime. Then as I took time off after completing my Associates Degree, I began to discover who I am, and what I want to do with my life. It started making sense this path I was on. Sure it's hard going against the norm, but for me it is worth every second. 
In the area I live most everyone is either finishing their undergrad, going on and getting a Masters or PhD, getting married and starting families, or beginning their career. I felt so isolated at times because I wasn't continuing traditional education, and I wasn't working a job in my 'career' path. 

I continued to choose life experience, and travel, its the only thing that continually felt right. Every time I stopped to consider school, it never felt like the right path for me, even though I longed to be at school, learning from others and their experiences in new and exciting subjects. 

It has only been the last few months that I have come to terms with doing things 'my way', and realizing its for a purpose. I have been exposed to so many cultures, and people. I have witnessed many joyful and tragic events. My heart has been left in so many places that it will never be at comfortably in one piece again. 








I have realized, thanks to my roommates, that the knowledge I have is in fact a usable knowledge. I am striving to make this knowledge available to many throughout the world. It seems like an impossible task to spread love and understanding to all the world, but if I can make a difference to one person, my life is worthwhile and complete. 


In the bible it says men's hearts shall wax cold and they shall love things more then people. I see so much of this happening in the world around. But I also see so much good as well. We see what we choose to see. If we focus on the negative, that is what we will find in life even amidst the good. If you choose to see the beauty and positivity in life, you will find that, even amidst the bad. 

Why do we see, or even meet, one person and judge a whole group based off that one person?? Most people are searching for good and try to live their lives the best they know how. Who are we to judge them? The biggest lesson I have learned is to 'live the life you were born to lead.'

Follow your heart. Your inner voice. Your Jimminy cricket. Your gut feeling. Your conscious. The Spirit. However you want to recognize "that" feeling, it's there for a reason. 



No comments:

Post a Comment